- ONLINE BOOKING. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- CONFIRMING YOUR BOOKING. A none refundable deposit is required to secure your holiday when making a booking, the cost of this varies according to property and will be advised at the time of making a booking. If booking with 56 days (8 weeks) of the holiday start date the full amount must be paid at the time of booking. Please note your holiday is not confirmed until you have received written confirmation from us and we reserve the right to refuse any booking before we have issued the written holiday confirmation email. Your booking is made as a consumer and you accept that we cannot be liable for any business losses you may incur. As soon as you receive the written confirmation email, you must check it carefully. Any errors must be reported to us immediately.
- HOLIDAY COST. The prices quoted are in £ sterling and for the number of days requested. Included in the price is gas, electric, fuel, bed linen and in some properties towelling robes and towels, please see individual property descriptions. Prices are subject to change at any time, however once your holiday has been confirmed we will not change your holiday cost.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. There is a £100.00 security deposit payable with the balance of your holiday on some properties, this is detailed in the property description. When placing a booking this will be stated in the payments section. The cottage is inspected on your departure and the security deposit will, in most cases, be returned to you within 7-10 days of your departure. If there is any reason that we have to hold the full amount or part of the deposit we will contact you to discuss.
- CARE OF COTTAGE. All of our cottages are lovingly cared for and maintained on a regular basis. We request you help up maintain our high standards and report immediately anything that is not working or requires some attention in order that we can arrange to remedy this prior to the next guests arriving.
- ALTERATIONS TO THE WEBSITE. We endeavour to ensure the information contained on the website is correct and updated immediately if anything changes.
- Must not exceed the numbers stated against the property details. If the occupancy is breached the owner/caretaker can refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or make you leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your holiday as cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to a refund of monies or compensation.
- EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN. Our cottages are checked prior to your arrival to ensure everything is in working order, however just like at home, equipment can break down at any time. Please report any break downs immediately to the cottage owners David & Julia 07702 488495. We will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as we are aware, however out of hours, weekends and bank holidays it may not be possible to get a qualified engineer to the problem until the next working day. We will not be able to offer compensation unless you have been without the facility for more than 24 hours or if it is deemed to be a user fault.
- WI-FI. Some of our cottages offer complimentary Wi-Fi, please check individual descriptions. Unfortunately we are unable to offer compensation for lack of Wi-Fi as the Lake District can experience difficulties with reception on a regular basis.
- INSPECTIONS/EMERGENCY REPAIRS. We may require access to the property during your stay to carry out inspections/emergency repairs etc. In all cases we will endeavour to inform you prior to your arrival.
- All of our cottages are strictly no dogs permitted.
- SMOKING. It is strictly forbidden to smoke anywhere within the cottage or grounds, this includes the balcony and jetty at the Duke of Portland Boathouse.
- KEY COLLECTION. Your property is available from 3.00pm or 4.00pm on day of arrival (please check your holiday confirmation) and must be vacated by 10.00am on day of departure, unless otherwise stated on your holiday confirmation. In some instances we may be able to bring forward the entry time or extend the departure time, however we do require advance notice and we will only be able to confirm we are able to change the times 2 days before holiday commencement. Keys must be returned to the key box at the property by 10am on the day of departure. It is recommended that you use the key box during your stay to ensure keys are kept safe.
- You must report immediately to the owner, whereupon, if possible, the matter will be resolved straight away. Reporting complaints after your holiday is too late for us to rectify and properly investigate.
- Cancellation will only be accepted if given in writing by the lead name on your holiday confirmation. If you cancel your holiday prior to 56 days (8 weeks) before commencement you will lose the deposit paid, cancellation within 56 days (8 weeks) is 100% of the holiday cost. We recommend you take out a suitable insurance to cover your holiday. Please note: cancellation charges will be from the date we receive your written notice, we suggest you follow up your letter with a telephone call to prevent additional charges being incurred.
- UTILITY SERVICES. Utility costs are included in the cost of your holiday, however we reserve the right to ask for a contribution to costs for excessive charges. Compensation cannot be paid for any loss of power, water, for services provided by a third party ie, if there is a power cut or a fault with their equipment. We will endeavour to inform holidaymakers of any scheduled work we have been made aware of prior to guests arrival but in some cases we are not advised prior to the event and therefore unable to advise accordingly.
AMENDMENT TO POINT 15
Due to the current Covid-19 Stay Home campaign by the local government we have amended our current Terms and Conditions to reflect the situation. Whilst the government have a Stay Home (lockdown) in place we will offer the following to any bookings.
- A free change of date up to 31 December 2021, if the new dates are more expensive then the difference in price must be paid, no refund will be offered if the new dates are cheaper.
- A full refund of any monies paid.
PLEASE NOTE: These options are only available whilst the local government are not allowing self catering holiday accommodation to open, we will not be offering the above if the government have removed the lockdown for self catering holiday accommodation but have not opened any other business such as restaurants/cafes/pubs etc.